Currencies makes it possible for you to have securities in different countries.
The currencies entered in this window are used when the profit/loss is calculated in the portfolio window.
Also exchange rates on currencies go up and down, just like prices does. So you have the possibility in this window, to see the historic currency rates.
Please note that the "base currency" can be set in the administrative settings. Changing the base currency, will however trigger a recalculation of all the currencies. Forcing a recalculation can often lead to rounding errors, resulting in slightly wrong currency values. So do not change the base currency often. Set it to your own preferred setting once.
The item list is placed in the center of the window, showing all the currency prices. On the right hand side of the item list, you can scroll through the items with the mouse.
The small selector placed next to the item list, in the top left hand corner of the window, makes it possible for you to select which currency prices that are shown, either all or one currency. This also decides which information is shown on either a report or the graph, that you can have shown by using some of the other buttons.
Mouse- and keyboard use.
General use of the mouse and keyboard can be found by clicking here.
Buttons on the right side of the item list and the window, have these meanings:
- Edit the currently selected item. See editing.
- Delete the currently selected item.
- Registered users can add new currency definitions, making it possible to use that currency as base or calculation currency. A three letter ISO currency code (Eg. USD) for the new currency must be entered.
- This help page.
- Exit the Currency window.
Icons on the right side of the item list have these meanings:
- If you push the printer icon, a report with the selected currency will be shown. Please note, that the information is shown according to the state of the selector, mentioned above. The report is shown on screen, and from the window, you can select to have the report printed on paper.
- Registered users can push the graphics icon. When you do that, a graph for the selected currency will be shown. The graph can only be shown for a specific currency and not "all". The graph shows how the currency price has moved over time.